CT Colonography for Radiographers
25 September 2021
Live online with Interactive DICOM Cases
>>In high demand<<<
UK’s most popular CTC for Radiographers
Usual price £250, now only £75 (COVID Discount)
Saturday 22 May 2021 – FULL
Saturday 25 Sep 2021 – Available
Cloud DICOM PACS – Individual access to the Cases using an advanced Cloud PACS system from the comfort of your devices for 10 days after the course. This system is loved by previous attendees.
Course Playback – Catch up on the course recording for up to 10 days after the course.
Course Certificate with 5 CPD Credits
9am to 5pm UK
The course is taught online with a mix of lectures to cover essential knowledge base and intereactive case reviews and Q+A to get the best learning experience.
This Interactive Introduction to CT Colonography has been designed specifically for Radiographers who are interested in CTC, have a special interest in CTC or who regularly undertake CTC’s within their departments. We shall discuss protocols and technique to ensure that you are getting the best possible images, whilst looking at real-life example.
The course has been designed using the SCoR National Best Practice Guidelines for the CT Colonography Service.
Learning Outcomes we cover as per the Society and College of Radiographers (SCoR) CTC Training and Education Framework:
- Understand the dietary and bowel preparation requirements for a satisfactory CTC.
- Understand the CTC informed consent process
- Understand the standard patient scan positions used during a CTC
- Understand the anatomy of the large intestine
- Understand common pathologies of the bowel seen on CTC
- Understand the principles of using the automated insufflator
- Understand the principles of using an anti-spasmolytic
- Understand the importance of colonic distension
- Understand the principles behind different types of scanning protocols which can be used during a CTC
- Understand patient management after the CTC test
- Understand the basics of patient management if an adverse event occurs during the CTC
09:00 – 09:30 Lecture 1 & Discussion: Bowel preparation & scan technique
09:30 – 10:15 Cases: Series 1
10:15 – 10:45 BREAK
10:45 – 11:15 Lecture 2 & Discussion: Patient populations, vetting & protocolling.
11:15 – 12:30 Cases: Series 2
12:30 – 13:30 LUNCH
13:30 – 14:00 Lecture 3 & Discussion: Informed consent & management of complications.
14:00 – 15:15 Cases: Series 3
15:15 – 15:45 BREAK
15:45 – 16:15 Lecture 4 & Discussion: Anatomy, pathology & reporting.
16:15 – 17:30 Cases: Series 4
Live online course with interactive PACS DICOM Case Viewer.
Dr Asif Naleem FRCR
Consultant GI Radiologist
“I previously attended St Marks in London for a week, this course today is excellent, some of my colleagues are in attendance today also agree.”
“The speakers were extremely informative, the course content was at a perfect level, I learned so much today”
“Really informative course, great explanations of the cases, everything was explained so clearly.“